Caterham Cars are looking for a Senior Engineer based at their headquarters in Dartford on the borders of Kent and Greater London.
The successful candidate will have a passion for engineering, the automotive and motorsport industries. This will be demonstrated not only through their existing career but also through personal endeavours.
The Senior role will be responsible for the delivery of a wide range of projects, management of people within a project, and providing guidance to more junior members of the engineering team, while having direct responsibilities and actions for those engineering projects and activities.
- Minimum 5 years post-graduate experience in a related industry (automotive, motorcycle, motorsport etc.).
- Be able to demonstrate a wide range of whole vehicle-related engineering experience (non-exhaustive list below);
- Design experience for fabrication, laser cutting, machining, plastic moulding etc
- Electrical wiring harness development
- Data logging
- Engine calibration
- 3D printing
- Reverse engineering, scanning, design validation
- Component and system validation
- BEng in Automotive or Mechanical engineering 2:1 minimum
- CAD literate – Solidworks preferred but not essential
- Extensive experience in 3D modelling, technical drawing and assembly construction
- Very good understanding of engineering data control and release
- Experience of BOM validation, control and modification
- Some experience of mentoring and guiding junior colleagues
- Competency in Microsoft Office tools, word, excel, project etc
- Exposure to Type Approval and homologation will be of benefit
- Understanding and prior involvement with the complete development cycle e.g. design brief, design concept & prototyping, testing, introduction to production etc.
- Software coding experience will be of benefit.
- Project management experience.
- Commercial awareness
- Relevant extra-curricular interest.
- A demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Problem solver with good diagnostics ability
- All round vehicle engineering experience
- Confident communication skills to allow interaction within the business and externally
- Sense of urgency
- Capable and willing to take on responsibility
While the position will be based at the headquarters in Dartford, the role may require out of hours travel both inside and outside the UK in order to visit agents, suppliers, provide support at test days & race weekends. The business stretches over two sites, travel may also be required between them.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary subject to experience. After a probationary period, there will be a range of benefits such as eligibility to join the Company Pension Scheme, DIS and staff purchase discounts.
Holidays - starting 22 days annual leave (rising to a maximum 27 days).
Hours of work: Monday – Thursday 8:30am-5pm, Friday 8:30am-1:30pm. Flexitime policy allows up to 1 hour offset in core hours per day. Some working from home arrangements are available.