March 16, 2023
Job Opportunity: Controller (Production)
The Company: Caterham Cars is the one of the UK’s most successful sports car manufacturers and has been selling the Seven since 1973. Over the decades Caterham have continued to refine and enhance the design, whilst always respecting the brilliance of Colin Chapman’s original lightweight formula.
This is a unique opportunity to work for an iconic British motor company that is both manufacturer and retailer, and a world leader in amateur motorsport racing.
Remuneration: Competitive salary subject to experience and skill level. After a probationary period, there will be a range of benefits such as eligibility to join the Company Pension Scheme, DIS and staff purchase discounts.
The Role: A position has arisen within the production control department for a supply chain professional to manage the purchase order expediting process in order to satisfy production, internet sales and engineering requirements. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and will build upon relationships with existing suppliers to ensure that Caterham’s supply base delivers on time, in full.
Based at Caterham’s manufacturing facility in Dartford, Kent; the controller will report directly to the Senior Controller.
Caterham Cars Ltd is a small team of dedicated staff. The successful applicant will need to be able to work well within a tight team and under pressure to achieve with limited resource.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain purchase orders and other related documentation on computer systems.
- Communicate directly with supply panel to expedite purchase orders and understand the reasons for any delays.
- Closely work with and escalate to the relevant Senior Controller any supplier delivery delays and any supplier communication issues.
- Closely work with the Production Control department to manage and communicate supplier shortages for Production.
- Generate and distribute supplier order books weekly.
- Contact vendors to obtain order acknowledgements and delivery schedules and update stock system accordingly.
- Taking initiative regarding order cancellations, delivery date revisions, invoice discrepancies etc.
- Ensuring stock and work in progress are kept to safe shortage free levels.
- Maintain accurate data on the stock control system.
- Manage Supplier ‘On Time in Full’ reporting.
- Process non-stocked purchase orders for equipment and services.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience of working in a purchasing team preferably within an automotive or manufacturing environment.
- An understanding of automotive processes and components would be advantageous.
- Computer literate, with advanced Excel skills/abilities.
- Good interpersonal skills